If you are not well acquainted with Dr. Jean, I highly recommend that you check out her website – drjean.org. I own almost all of her CDs and used them a lot. Her website also has wonderful printable materials and great ideas. If you ever have a chance to attend one of her workshops I think you’d enjoy it – and her books are great too! I am a fan!
Here is a list of some of the CD’s I liked, I starred some of my favorites:
Dr. Jean –
- **Sing to Learn (Gumball, Macarena Math, Hickory Dickory Dock, Alphardy, Phonercise, Shape Song, Oceans, Continents, Rime Time, Sing and Sign)
- Dr. Jean and Friends (Tooty Ta, Macarena Months, Days of the Week)
- *Keep on Singing and Dancing (Hello Neighbor, Alphabet Forward & Backward, May There Always Be Sunshine)
- *Kiss Your Brain – (Macarena Bones, Insect’s Body, Water Cycle, Who Let the Letters Out?)
I’ll post the graphic again that shows which bones to touch for the Bones song!
- Dr. Jean Sings Silly Songs
- Nursery Rhymes
- Totally Math
- All Day Long – great for routines, directions, etc.
Greg and Steve –
- Big Fun (My Backyard)
- We All Live Together – all the volumes! (The Freeze, Piggy Bank, Shapes, Simon Says)
- On the Move – (An Adventure in Space, Sports Dance)
- Holidays and Special … (This Land is Your Land)
Tickle Toon Typhoon
- Singing Science (I Am an Insect, Arachnids, Backyard Safari, Planet Jive, Water Goes Round the World)
Hap Palmer (I know these are old but they are still great!)
- **Walter the Waltzing Worm (What a Miracle, Walter the Waltzing Worm, Song About Slow, Song About Fast, All the Ways of Jumping Up and Down)
- Getting to Know Myself – (Sammy, the Circle)
- Can A Jumbo Jet Sing the Alphabet?
- Can Cockatoos Count by Twos?
- Sally the Singing Snake
- I’ve Got Music in Me – (Be the Best You Can Be, One Small Voice, Riding on the Bus)
- *HipHop Alphabob 2 – (*Silly Pirate Song, Popcorn Words, Move to the Alphabet, Cowboy Dance)
- *It Starts in the Heart – (My School Family, It Starts in the Heart, That Was Helpful, My Heart to Your Heart, Look at Me, Friendship)
The Learning Station
- **Tony Chestnut – (**Tony Chestnut)
- Here We Go Loopty Loop – (Here We Go Loopty Loop; Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes; Keep Moving Bear Hunt, I Know an Old Lady)
- Get Funky and Musical Fun – (If You’re Wearing Colors, Simon Says)
- *Rise and Shine – (Wheels on the Bus, Big Beautiful Planet, Row, Row, Row; This Little Light of Mine)
- *Singable Songs for the Very Young – (The More We Get Together, Brush Your Teeth, Willoughby Wallaby Woo)
- Raffi’s Christmas
- **Teaching Peace – (*Teaching Peace, Places in the World, I Think You’re Wonderful, With 2 Wings)
Sharon, Lois and Bram
- Sing Around the Campfire – (Mister Sun, A You’re Adorable, Michael Finnegan, She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain)
- *Silly Songs with Larry – they’re all funny! There is a video of this too!
**For Our Children – 10th Anniversary – (This Old Man, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Getting to Know You, Child of Mine) These are sung by popular artists – very fun!
A Child’s Celebration of Soul – (Splish, Splash; Alley Oop, Name Game, Purple People Eater, Monster Mash)
I know that I had more CDs that I loved, I gave away quite a few when I retired. If you have a favorite, please share it in the comments!
Maybe you’d like to add a new CD to your Christmas list!!!